- 1 #1 Drug Testing Kits in the United States
- 2 Types of Drug Tests
- 3 How to Prepare For a Urine Drug Test
- 4 Drug Testing In The Workplace
#1 Drug Testing Kits in the United States
A wide range of drug tests can be divided into two main categories: home drug testing kits & professional drug tests performed by a qualified specialist in a specialized laboratoryclose
Drug Testing At Home
Just buy one of the home drug testing kits to collect a sample of urine or saliva. Lower the appropriate strip into the urine or saliva for a certain period of time and see the indications. These strips are available both on the Internet and in stores, are fairly simple to use and have detailed instructions. The results obtained under such conditions from cheap sets of drug tests can lead you to confusion. Such drug tests, like urine tests or saliva tests, can be quickly done at home. Use only a high-quality kit. Some external factors may affect the quality of test results. And if you do not do much research and do not have any special knowledge in drug tests, be very careful in your approach. Home-based kits for drug testing can give accurate results if done with great care. In addition, home drug testing kits, especially cheap ones, can be potentially deceptive.
Professional Drug Tests
Professional drug screening tests are more accurate, offer deeper understanding and are more expensive. There are several types of professional drug tests:
- Urine analysis – The most common type of drug test is urinalysis. Of the 55 million drug trials that were introduced in 2018, 90 percent of them were urine tests. Urinalysis is much cheaper than other tests and, as a rule, has a longer detection time than a test with blood or saliva samples. For example, the central metabolite of marijuana is THC-COOH, which is soluble in fats and can be detected in the urine for two weeks. Urine tests, despite their popularity, are the easiest of all the tests that can be gained using various tricks;
- Saliva Drug Test – Saliva for drug testing is necessary to detect the presence of parental drugs. This type of test is less invasive than a urine test and is less expensive than a blood test, but its accuracy may be questionable. For example, minimal amounts of THC of marijuana or tobacco nicotine are released into saliva. Therefore, the window of drug detection is tiny, i. in a few hours of use. However, some medications enter the oral fluid through diffusion of the bloodstream and can be detected for a while. Ease of use and low cost are key factors that help improve the effectiveness of the saliva test;
- Blood Drug Test – This is the most accurate form of proof. Unlike the urine test, a blood test detects the presence of parental drugs, not their metabolites, because most drugs, such as nicotine, marijuana, are instantly absorbed by the bloodstream and are easily detected. Because they are the most expensive type of tests, they are less common and are handled only if there is a lot of money or laws at play. Also, most drugs do not stay in the blood for long. For example, marijuana becomes invisible after several hours of use, but for chronic users, it can remain detectable for more than 24 hours.
- Hair Follicle Drug Test – It is currently used for research purposes, testing the hair follicle is very difficult, but it can be the least accurate approach for several reasons. The test tries to detect the presence of metabolites of drugs diffusing from the bloodstream into the follicle. A hair test can offer such data as no other methods, such as identifying drugs, as well as patterns of use. For example, if you used medicine and then abstained for a while, and then used it again, the test will show all the data. However, environmental pollution is a major problem for hair testing. Even the smallest amount of powder or smoke can get stuck in the hair and can lead to a false positive test. While some well-known laboratories are trying to reject this claim, many experts believe that compared to white hair, dark hair is a real magnet for contaminants, which makes Asians, Africans and Hispanics more prone to false positive results.
How to Pass a Drug Test
It is a common practice nowadays that job applicants are asked to take an alcohol and drug test as part of their application process. In different states, you may be asked to take a test before a job offer is made to you, or this test may be a contingency for such an offer. Sometimes, employees are asked to take such a test when they are already working for the company. It also often happens that such tests come at short notice. You will not decline a job of your dream if you are not sure that you will pass a drug test, won’t you?
And in some industries, for example, the ones that are related to the Department of Transportation, drug testing is a required prerequisite for hiring a new employee. Many companies also test their current employees for alcohol and drug use. The company testing policy is usually specified, and you can have access to it. The best way to be prepared is to be informed. You need to know what types of drug tests exist and what kinds of drugs are tested. In this complete guide, we will discuss the types of drug tests, how to prepare for them and be sure that you are ready even within a short time frame.
Types of Drug Tests
There are several types of drug tests. And the best way to successfully pass the drug test is to know beforehand what kind of test you will be taking because this will influence the way you need to prepare for itclose
This is the most common drug testing method that is used for screening employees for alcohol and drug use. This test shows the presence of drugs after the effects of marijuana have worn off. Urine test screens for drugs such as nicotine, opiates, methamphetamines, marijuana, and cocaine. The only urine test is recommended by the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). The samples of urine are collected in the facility, and then they are sent to a lab for testing.
The amount of time marijuana stays in your urine depends on how often you consume this substance. If you smoke a lot, then it will remain in your urine for up to three months. If you have only smoked marijuana once, you can test positive for up to eight days. Regular users of pot have the traces of it in their urine for up to 30 days. Urine analysis doesn’t test for THC, but rather for its metabolite, THC-COOH. What it means is that you can test positively long after you smoked pot. THC contains metabolites, metabolic byproducts. They are accumulated in fat deposited and are excreted slowly through your urine. Your body holds on to metabolites as long as possible. Your metabolic rate also influences how long THC-COOH will stay in your body. If your metabolism is not very good, then you need to drink as much water as possible, because hydration is another factor that impacts how long weed stays in your urine. The more water you drink, the faster the metabolites will exit your body.
Saliva drug test is less invasive than urine testing, and therefore it is becoming more popular. However, these tests can only detect recent use of drugs to ensure correct results. Saliva drug test, or mouth swab test, is popular among the employers because it helps to detect using pot at a workplace. Much like drinking alcohol smoking weed at the job is not allowed. This test doesn’t have privacy issues, and it can easily be administered on site that is why more and more employers like to conduct this type of analysis in a workplace. A mouth swab drug test is usually taken from those who work in federal employment or with such issues as safety and health. Saliva tests can be performed anywhere, and the presence of a lab technician or a nurse is not required. Besides, the results appear very fast, within five minutes.
A mouth swab test collects saliva inside your mouth. It screens for such substances as amphetamines, methamphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, and alcohol. A saliva test is unable to detect cannabis metabolites in your system, but the can detect illicit THC that say in your spit. There are different types of saliva test kits, but they have similar features. Usually, the kit draws saliva through a membrane after you place it in your mouth. The formation of color on the membrane strip indicates the positive result of this test. Each drug tested is being indicated by a different color.
This is one of the most expensive drug testing methods, and it is not surprising, because it is the most accurate. However, this is also a very invasive method. Blood drug test detects the presence of metabolites in the blood in real time. Because of its cost and invasive nature blood drug test are used rarely and mostly by the police departments in criminal cases. This type of test can also be used in case of traffic accidents. A blood test may also be required by insurance companies if you apply for an insurance policy. Blood test for employment purposes screens for such drugs as nicotine, opiates, methamphetamines, marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines and alcohol. The way the drug test is performed is by extracting blood from the vein. To perform a test of medically trained personnel and specialized equipment is needed.
The benefit of a blood drug test is that it actually detects the presence of THC in the system. However, this type of test usually registers positive only for a few hours after smoking weed. If a person is a heavy smoker, this could be longer. Only saliva test has the shorter span of use. Unlike urine tests, blood tests don’t measure the drug presence that remains after the effects of it have worn off. If the test was done during the detection window, then a blood test is the most accurate of all other drug tests. Besides, any substance that is used to mask the existence of the drug in the body will also be detected by the blood test. It is hard to prepare for a blood test if it is conducted randomly at the workplace.
A hair drug test is performed by cutting a minimum length of 1.5 inches of 60- 120 strands of hair from the back of the head. If a person is bald than hair from beard, chest or arm can be used. Hair drug test is possible because drug metabolites enter blood vessels of the scalp, and are filtered by a person’s hair and kept there. Hair tests are susceptible to cocaine, but their sensitivity to marijuana is not proved yet. The hair drug test is perfect for detecting the long-term use of drugs. Traces of drugs stay in a person’s hair for up to 90 days. The test doesn’t indicate a current consumption of drugs, only past use. Since hair drug tests are quite expensive, they are rarely used at a workplace. Besides, it takes a long time to process this test.
Perspiration drug test
This is a relatively new type of test. A person wears a sweat patch for two weeks. This patch detects the presence of metabolites. This method is often used for people who are on probation, rather than a workplace test.
Multi-Panel Drug Tests
In each panel, a specific number of drugs is tested. There are 2-panel drug tests, 4-panel drug tests, 5-panel drug tests, etc. The most popular and commonly used multi-panel tests are a 5-panel test and 10-panel test. A 5-panel drug test is a standard for the Mandatory Guidelines for Workplace Drug Testing provided by the Federal government that is used widely by employers. The Department of Transportation, for example, uses the 5-panel drug test to screen their truck drivers. There isn’t a definition of what drugs must be used in a multi-panel drug test. It can be a combination of various drugs according to the employer’s preferences and the company’s screening policies.
The most commonly tested drugs in a 5-panel drug test are Amphetamines/Methamphetamines, PCP, Opiates, Cocaine, and THC. Generally, the difference between a 4-panel drug test and a 5-panel drug test is the elimination of marijuana since it is legislated in several states already. In industries where employees need to be alert, for example, because they work with heavy machinery, employers prefer to conduct 7-panel drug tests and include prescription drugs in the panel. Abuse of prescription drugs can lead to losing alertness, and they sometimes have fatiguing side effects. A 10-panel drug test is often applied in such spheres as law enforcement, civil services, occupational medicine, etc. It is especially important for industries where the employees are responsible for others safety. A standard 10-panel drug urine test usually screens for quaaludes, propoxyphene, methadone, barbiturates, benzodiazepines, opiates, amphetamines, PCP, marijuana and cocaine.
The Most Common Drugs Tested
As it was mentioned above, a drug test can screen for up to 12 drugs. However, the most common substances that are tested for are the following:
- Phencyclidine (PCP, Angel dust).
- Opiates (morphine, codeine, opium, and heroin).
- Cocaine (coke, crack).
- Amphetamines (crank, speed, meth).
- THC (hash, cannabis, marijuana, and cannabinoids).
- Apart from these common substances some employers also conduct screening for alcohol, ecstasy, propoxyphene, benzodiazepines, and barbiturates.
How to Prepare For a Urine Drug Test
Sooner or later the time will come when you will have to take a drug test. If you are searching for a job, then be ready that drug testing will be one of the required procedures. If you are already employed, then you probably have some drug testing policies at your workplace. In any case, you need to prepare for the test if you know that it is coming. Of course, sometimes such tests are done unannounced and randomly, but if you have some time before the test, you should do everything to pass it.
This is one of the obvious methods: if you know that the test is coming, stop using marijuana prior to the test. The sooner you do it, the better results you can expect.
Buy a home urine test kit to check yourself at home before the test to see if it is already safe to take the regular test. Another advice is plain and simple: don’t do drugs!
This is the simplest and the cheapest method. Since there is a very high chance that sooner or later you will be taking a drug test at work, it is better to be safe.
Random tests are practiced in many, and there is no way you could be prepared for them if you smoke pot or do some even more dangerous drugs.
In about 50% of cases, the decision to hire an applicant depends on the results of a drug test, according to the AMA study.
Note: Marijuana stays in your body usually for 2-4 weeks; alcohol – 6 to 24 hours; PCP – 3 days to 2 weeks; heroin – 2 to 4 days; cocaine- 1 to 4 days.
Wash yourself out
It is too late to warn you not to take drugs, and you smoke marijuana occasionally. How should you prepare for the drug test in this case? One of the most common strategies for passing a urine drug test is to increase the intake of fluids. This helps to dilute the concentration of drugs in your system. A couple of hours before the test fill your body with water as much as it is possible. Plain water works best. There is no evidence that vitamin C, niacin or vinegar will help.
If you have a chance, wash yourself out for several days before the test. If it is possible, avoid taking a test early in the morning because drug metabolites build up during a person’s sleep. To boost urination take in diuretics, such as cranberry juice or coffee. Be aware that when you drink lots of liquids your urine becomes lighter in color and this may be suspicious. To avoid problems, take a large dose of vitamin B2. It will color your urine yellow and will help it look more natural. Sometimes, the test is rejected for being too watery, and then you will be given a second chance, which in some cases will be to your advantage because it will provide you with more time to get rid of drugs in your system. However, the second test may be stricter, so you need to really make sure that there are no drugs in your body by the time you take this another test. Although diuretics can be found in urine, they are very rarely checked if you are not just an athlete.
If you have about seven days before the test, you can have a full-fledged detoxification program. Usually, the programs also contain a testing kit which will help you to verify at home that you are clean. During the detoxification program make sure you also eat right and exercise. All this will increase your chances of passing a urine drug test with flying colors. The thing is, THC is fat soluble, so when you exercise and diet the fat cells together with THC will disappear from your body. A healthy diet should include high-fiber leafy greens and fruits full of pectin. The diet should also include supplements such as zinc, B vitamins, magnesium, psyllium husk and activated charcoal.
Detox products, such as clear choice, are not new in the market. If you need to pass a drug test the same day, you can try this drink. For those who don’t consume weed too often One shot detox drinks, such as rescue detox, are a good option. Detox drinks usually contain riboflavin (vitamin B2) and creatine. These substances help disguise the presence of diluted urine if you have been flashing out your organism before the test. The dietary fiber contained in the detox products help to excrete THC. The product last for five hours after you took them. Be mindful that these drinks are very powerful and you might have diarrhea for a couple of days after you took them. However, this is the price you pay for passing the urine drug test. One of the disadvantages of detox drinks is its high price, but if you risk losing your high-paid job, it is definitely worth it spend money on such a drink. There is also fruit pectin that is claimed to detox the body. The idea is that pectin prevents metabolites from getting into the urine. However, this method will only work if you are not a heavy consumer of marijuana. Besides, it can cause some digestive problems. So, this method is not proven and quite risky, but you might try it if nothing else is available.
Laboratory urine, or synthetic urine, might be one of the best options for passing a drug test if you have an opportunity to use it. This liquid imitates the visual and chemical properties of human urine. Especially if you use marijuana regularly and not occasionally, this could be your lifesaver. You can use a Clear Choice Sub-Solution which contains 11 secret ingredients, which make up a perfect urine sample. No matter which synthetic urine you buy, make sure that there is a way to heat it to your body temperature, which is very important for the test so your sample would be inconspicuous.
Synthetic urine comes in two common forms: dried powders or pre-mixed solutions. Read all the instructions attentively. Some solutions are single use only, and some cannot be used eight hours after you open them. Obviously, laboratory urine can be used if you take the test in a private bathroom when you are not watched, which is not always the case. The testing lab must scientifically prove that your test is fake when they reject your sample of urine. At the same time manufactures of synthetic urine produce more sophisticated products now. Another important factor is using high-quality products that have a proven record. The cost of laboratory urine is also quite high. If you decided to utilize laboratory urine for your drug testing, here are a few brands that are considered to be the best in this sphere.
We have already mentioned a Sub-Solution powdered urine kit. One of its most significant advantages is that it can be heated up within seconds because it contains a chemical heating powder that you simply need to add to the liquid to re-warm it. This is especially great for random tests on very short notice. Besides, this solution actually smells like urine. Purine powdered urine kit also includes a heater and a temperature strip. As the name implies, this synthetic urine is in the form of powder. It smells and behaves like regular urine. Quick Fix is a widely known laboratory urine brand. Its most significant disadvantage though is that you need to heat it up for about 45 minutes before you can use it. Make sure that you buy an original product because there were cases when a fake product was bought and the test came back as invalid.
Substituting a friend’s urine. Well, if you do your test in private replacing your urine with your friend’s is definitely an option. You just need to make sure that your friend hasn’t been using drugs and there won’t be any traces of such substances in his body. This is an old classic solution. Besides – it is entirely free. The biggest challenge here is that urine tests are often immediately checked for temperature. So you need to make sure that the urine you are submitting has the proper body temperature. There is a misconception that bleach or soap will help you pass a urine drug test. As I said, this is completely not true. What is more, it might make your test sample even more suspicious. If you add detergent to your urine, it might start bubbling when being transported which naturally will raise suspicions. Adding bleach won’t help as well.
- Passing a Saliva Drug Test – If you are self-administering the saliva test, then rub the swab against your teeth and no gums or lower cheeks. Bite the swab between your teeth and jaw instead of holding it between gums and cheek. There is no guarantee that it will work but it increases your chances of passing the test. It is also advisable to chew on ice cubes before the test. This will keep you hydrated and will dilute THC in your saliva.
- Passing a Blood Drug Test – The only way to pass a blood drug test is to delay it for a long as possible. This way you will have a better chance of passing it.
- Passing a Hair Drug Test – Unfortunately, there are no scientifically proven chemical substances that can hide the presence of drugs in your hair. Don’t believe the shampoos that claim to solve the problem. As metabolites stay in your hair for 90 days, there is no way to pass it. The only option you have is to take another type of drug test, for example, a urine test.
- Risks When Passing a Drug Test. Synthetic urine and a friend’s urine are risky options when you take a supervised urine drug test. There is a chance to pass these test in such a situation, but they are very low. And if you get caught, you will most likely lose your job. Besides, even in a private situation, if you substitute your urine with the urine of your friend, it won’t be the correct temperature. If you use home remedies such as vinegar, bleach, niacin, ginger root tea, etc. you need to be aware that they simply don’t work and can even be dangerous. If somebody told you they managed to pass a test like this, don’t believe them. Tempering with urine is even more dangerous than substituting it. At the moment, the detox program and flashing out your body with water are the best methods that work if you need to pass a urine drug test.
How Long Does Marijuana Stay in Your Body?
The traces of marijuana can be found in your body for up to 12 weeks after the last use. This is the longest period that was detected. A more common figure is 3-4 weeks. The more habitual user you are, the longer weed will stay in your system. If you have only smoked once, then you can test positive for up to eight days. If you smoke 2-4 times a week, the traces of marijuana will stay in your body for up to 18 days. So, if you use marijuana regularly, it is better to abstain from it for at least a month before the drug test, or even longer, to be on the safe side. As far as other substances, alcohol stays in your body for 6 to 24 hours; PCP – 3 days to 2 weeks; heroin – 2 to 4 days; cocaine- 1 to 4 days.
- Alcohol Testing – Alcohol in a person’s system is being tested via various methods depending on the purpose of the test.
- Urine alcohol test – This type of test identifies the presence of alcohol either presently or in the recent past. Such test usually screens for alcohol consumption within the last 12 hours. However, there are more sophisticated tests that can screen for alcohol consumption in the past three days. Rehabilitation programs or courts often require a urine alcohol test.
- Breath alcohol test – This is the test that shows result right on the spot. The results of such tests can be used in court. The gold standard of breathalyzers in the Evidential Breath Testing device (EBT). The most common use of a breath alcohol test is to detect drunk driving. Sometimes such examination is required by individuals in cases when the other party is expected to be sober, such as taking custody or children or operating heavy machinery.
- Blood alcohol test – Blood (Peth) alcohol examination tests whether alcohol was being consumed consistently throughout the period of 3-4 weeks.
- Hair alcohol test – This test will determine whether a person has been consuming alcohol for a period equivalent to 90 days.
What Is Wrong with Urine Drug Tests?
The issue of privacy is crucial nowadays, and urine tests are very intrusive in this respect. To find a few drug abusers among employees the majority of employees are subject to this invasive test. Secondly, no drug test is 100% accurate. Granted, they are correct most of the times, but sometimes they fail. There is a risk of being accused of intaking drugs even if you haven’t done so because the test has brought false results. The urine drug test is sensitive to marijuana, and such random testing at the workplace promotes the use of heavier and more dangerous drugs such as opiates, LSD or cocaine. In this respect, the urine drug test is quite a flawed technology. The alternative to drug testing is performance tests that measure reaction and concentration rather than chemical substances that might not even influence an employee’s performance rate.
The main areas in which drug testing is applied!This Is Especially Important!close
- Employers to identify the use of drugs by a candidate for the position;
- Human use of illicit drugs;
- Screening athletes and athletes to identify any illegal drugs that increase effectiveness;
- Testing by police officers of suspected persons for the purpose of illegal substances;
- Insurance companies conducting drug testing during the purchase and processing of an individual insurance policy;
- Testing as a result of a court decision in cases of custody of children or after allegations of drug abuse;
- Testing by a healthcare professional to find out the causes of the disease that a person is suffering from;
- Drug test during the observation of a person who abstains from them, and joined a program of support and realization.
Accuracy and Reliability of Drug Tests
Drug testing should be accurate and correct so as not to receive erroneous and incorrect data. Accuracy depends on how rigorously the assembly was performed if the meeting was made inside the drug discovery window, and whether it was an accidental drug test or the subject had prior knowledge of the test. The results of drug testing depend on how carefully the sample is collected, a specific temperature is observed; otherwise, the object may contaminate their urine, and the results may be incorrect. Secondly, it is important to remember that drugs can have another detection window depending on the test. A sample collected too early or too late will not give accurate results. For example, most drugs can appear in the bloodstream very quickly, but also leave the system shortly after use. Similarly, testing for the presence of fluid in the oral cavity is the more accurate first time moments of drug use. On the other hand, drugs take time to metabolize and appear in the urine.
Drug Testing In The Workplace
Most people think that passing a drug test is outrageous and shameful. They understand it like you are mixed up in some suspicious activities, or you may even have itchy fingers. In fact, a lot of people are accustomed to this procedure, and especially athletes, as they are under anti-doping guidance. They have to pass the drug test, which is for them called a ‘doping control.’ However, the scheme is the same. Ordinary people in everyday life may also encounter with a necessity to pass a drug test. The situation and reasons can be utterly different, starting from the obligation to pass a drug test at work, up to police suspicion of your behavior on the road.
Usually, drug tests serve to show analysis of urine, blood, breath, saliva absence or presence of some prohibited drugs. Some particular drugs are planned to search in the athletes, due to the usage of some anabolic steroids to improve their results. If you are involved in some sports activities, that require drug testing, sporting associations and governments require anti-doping and drug tests to ensure fairness in competition. There is a variety of circumstances under which an organization may require a drug test. Sometimes the employer wants to detect those who use drugs before hiring. It prevents unpleasant situations in the future. When some applicants fail to perform a negative test, and as a result, they are not employed. However, applicants take some risks and stop using drugs before tests. Therefore, employers do not disclose the necessity to pass the test from the very beginning. Some companies are a part of some Associations and have to follow the rules of the regulations, for example, the U.S. Department of Transportation’s (DOT) apply rules for drug-testing to ensure safety. However, Federal agencies conduct drug testing and follow standardized procedures of the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), part of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Sometimes it is necessary to detect a person, who has some apparent signs and symptoms to suspect drug use or a drug-free workplace policy violation
It is essential to have precise, consistent definitions of what behavior justifies drug and alcohol testing and another supervisor or manager should corroborate any suspicion. Since this testing is at the discretion of management, it needs careful, comprehensive supervisor training. Also, it is recommended for the employees to stay out of work for some days, while awaiting the results of the testing, in case they are suspected of illegal drug usage. Anyway, it is always better to prevent the problem than solve the problem. Sometimes some employers use drug testing on an annual basis, especially if physicals are required for the job. Such tests generally are more accepted by employees than unannounced tests, but employees can prepare them by stopping their drug use several days beforehand. Criminal justice system intends to run the test for the persons who have used a drug, to identify drug users, drug usage, drug criminals and drug abuse in different situations. In most of the times, they come to use urinalysis or hair samples in order to receive results quicker. During drive time it is recommended to escape any alcohol, not saying about drugs at all. Unfortunately, even medical prescriptions may cause some problems with the driving that can lead to policy suspicion of drug usage. It’s also important to remember that fatigue and the after-effects of drug use can affect your driving skills. Once being noticed, police will ask for the driving license and make pass breath test.
Samples for drug testing can be taken from fingernails, saliva, blood, urine, or hair
In a blood sample, some amount of blood is taken from a vein and sent to the laboratory. For a urine sample, it is required to urinate into a clean container. In some instances, especially when required from some officials, a nurse or a technician may be present to make sure that the sample belongs to the exact person. For a hair sample, a few strands of hair taken from your head are sent to the laboratory for analysis. Urinalysis is the most common drug test method, it is can be performed at the workplace, at the lab, or some independent company, specializing in this sphere. An employee or applicant provides a sample to be tested. Usually, precautions are taken, such as putting blue dye in the toilet and turning off the water supply, to prevent contamination or substitution of specimens so that collection is realized in privacy so that nobody will see. However, most private employers are not limited in the number of substances they can test for and may include drugs that individuals legitimately and therapeutically take based on a physician’s prescription. Although most private employers can check for any combination of drugs, there are commonly selected panels.
The Typical 8-Panel Drug Test Includes the Substances as Mentioned Above Plus
- Barbiturates (phenobarbital, butalbital, secobarbital, downers);
- Benzodiazepines (tranquilizers like Valium, Librium, Xanax);
The Typical 10-Panel Test Includes the 8-Panel Drug Test Plus
- Methadone (often used to treat heroin addiction);
- Propoxyphene (Darvon compounds).
Drug Testing Can Also Be Done
- Hallucinogens (LSD, mushrooms, mescaline, peyote).
- Inhalants (paint, glue, hairspray).
- Anabolic steroids (synthesized, muscle-building hormones).
- Hydrocodone (prescription medication known as Lortab, Vicodin, Oxycodone).
- MDMA (commonly known as Ecstasy).
Applying for a job, it is likely to be asked to complete a drug test. The drug test can be performed in any form: follicle, urine, blood, etc. Most of the tests are conducted at a lab, but some of them can be quickly done even at home. In case a future employee agrees to drug testing to be performed at home, the market offers plenty amount of at-home tests. The results will be received quicker if the test is conducted at a lab. Usually, it takes a few business days to obtain the results. The rapid drug screens are also extremely easy to perform as you can merely use a special container for the analysis or provide some of your hair. Unfortunately, hair tests require more extended detection period for the drug usage, than urine or blood test. Sometimes it is psychologically difficult to let other people learn that you have to pass the drug test.
Still, there is a way out as it is possible to conduct drug tests at home tooAttention!close
At home, drug test kits are anonymous, as they use a code of numbers instead of using your real name. No one will see your results. Urine tests are the most accurate, as they show a real picture of the organism for the last five days. In some rare cases, the drug may stay in the organism up to 21 days after the previous use. For those who occasionally smoke marijuana, they would only test positive three to seven days after the last use. So, if this is worrying you, keep the numbers in mind.
The issue of legal medical and recreational marijuana use by employees is complicated because the federal government has not legalized marijuana. Some states have legislation that protects medical marijuana users; others do not. For example, New York’s Compassionate Care Act provides protections for employees. A patient prescribed medical marijuana is considered as having a “disability” under the New York State Human Rights Law.
- Blood – When applicants or employees are suspected of illegal drugs usage, they are screened with a blood test. Blood test shows the amount of alcohol or drugs in the blood. In a typical blood test for employment purposes, the following drugs are screened: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamines, opiates, nicotine, and alcohol.
- Alcohol – When testing requires the use of some devices – like in case of breath alcohol device: Breathalyzer – shows the amount of alcohol is currently in the blood. Breath alcohol tests show intoxication or impairment. Some alcohol stays in the blood for some hours.
- Saliva – Saliva test or oral fluids test is a collection of saliva from inside of the mouth. Such an analysis shows the usage of drugs during the previous few hours up to one to two days. Saliva is natural to collect and test, so this is one of the simplest and least invasive types of drug testing.
- Urine – Urine drug test is the test, which is used most commonly when job applicants or employees pass the test for illegal drugs or alcohol use. Urinalysis shows the presence of drugs that remain in the body after the effects of the drug. Urine drug test in the employment process of drug testing includes the check of the following substances: amphetamines, cocaine, marijuana, methamphetamines, opiates, nicotine, and alcohol. Urine tests are a significant part of the pre-employment process in specific job occupations.
- Hair – Hair testing is more reliable than urine testing, as many types of illegal substances remain in hair follicles longer than they stay in the body.
The companies use testing more in the last years independently of the fact if it is regulated by the law. While preparing for a drug screen, medications prescriptions should be readily available. Some medications can cause a false positive on a drug test, in which case you may need to schedule a follow-up appointment and prove legal prescription. Although drug causes some troubles, it’s just part of working. These tests ensure general safety on the roads.
Manufactures Drug Testing Kits
There are some leading companies, providing individual kits for passing the drug test. Home Health UK provides the highest quality of the simple, reliable drug tests, which are conducted pretty efficiently at home. Kits of drug tests are suitable for both home testing, professional testing and workplace testing. One of the largest suppliers of drug tests to customers throughout the world and our tests are used in treatment centers, hospitals and by medical professionals. They comply with CE (European Community), and FDA (United States) rules and regulations and every pack have the approval details printed on them. The tests are identical and are checked for quality and accuracy – they are more than 99% accurate. As for the expiry dates, they will always be at least one year away and more often nearly two years.
- IDenta Corporation is a leading detection and forensic science company. They use the newest hi-tech researchers to provide solutions for different companies in government, military spheres, and other organizations, which challenge fighting of illicit drugs and terrorist attacks all over the world. IDenta manufactures and sells detectors to reveal any illegal drugs. These kits are easily and widely used both at home and at labs. IDenta provides a complete solution to the people everywhere. The kits are easy and simple to use and patented.
- Home Health Testing offers a wide range of medical home test kits and home drug test options for private and individual usage at home. All of the home drug test kits are non-invasive and reliable and fall under one of these categories: hair drug test, urine drug test, and substance test. The manufacturer provides separate single-use kits for detecting various drug substances. There are some special occasions in life when you have to run the drug test.
Our Recommendations Home Drug Testing Kits
|5 Pack [email protected] 12 Panel Drug Test Cup Kit with Temperature Strip-Testing OPI2000, THC, COC, MET/mAMP, OXY, AMP, BAR, BZO, MTD, MDMA, PCP, TCA- Instant Urine Test-#ECDOA-7124|
|5 Pack Areta 5 Panel Instant Drug Test Cup - Marijuana (THC),Cocaine (COC),Opiate (OPI 2000),Benzodiazepines (BZO), Amphetamine (AMP)- #ACDOA-754|
|15 Pack [email protected] Marijuana (thc) Single Panel Drug Tests Kit - #EDTH-114|
$10.85Save 22% ($3.14)
|10 Panel Dip Drug Testing Kit, Test for 10 Different Drugs. (1)|
$4.13Save 62% ($6.86)
|10 Pack - [email protected] Marijuana (thc) Single Panel Drug Tests Kit - Individually Wrapped Single Panel THC Screen Urine Drug Test Kit with 50 ng/ml Cutoff Level - EDTH-114|
|5 Pack Identify Diagnostics 10 Panel Drug Test Cup Testing Instantly for 10 Different Drugs: (THC), (COC), (OXY), (MOP), (AMP), (BAR), (BZO), (MET), (MTD), (PCP) #ID-CP10-AZ|
|5 Pack Areta 12 Panel Instant Drug Test Cup -Testing Instantly for 12 Different Drugs:BUP,THC,COC,MOP,MET,OXY,AMP,BAR,BZO,MTD,MDMA,PCP -#ACDOA-6125B|
|25 CUPS - Urine Drug Test Kits - 12 Panel Diagnostic Multi Drug Screen Cup | Urine Drug Screening + FDA CLIA Waived, AMP, BAR, BUP, BZO, COC, THC, PCP, MTD, MDMA, OXY, MET, OPI, MOR (25)|
|12 Panel Now|
|HairConfirm Hair Follicle Drug Test Kit, 7 Drugs Tested 90 Day History|
|5 Panel Urine Drug test (COC, THC, AMP, mAMP, OPI)|
|5 Pack Identify Diagnostics 5 Panel Drug Test Dip with Lowest Opiates Cutoff - Testing Instantly for 5 Different Drugs: THC, COC, MOP, MET, AMP #ID-CP5-DIP|
|5 Pack Areta 14 Panel Drug Test Cup Kit with Temperature Strip, Instant Testing 14 Drugs Buprenorphine (BUP),THC,OPI 2000, AMP,BAR,BZO,COC,MET,MDMA,MTD,OXY,PCP,PPX,TCA-#ACDOA-1144|
|2 Pack [email protected] 10 Panel Instant Drug Test Kits - Testing Marijuana (THC), Opiate(OPI 2000), Cocaine(COC), AMP, BAR, BZO, MDMA, MET, MTD, PCP - Urine Dip Drug Testing -#EDOAP-3104|
|7 Panel MD Urine Drug Test Cup (CLIA-Waived) Box of 25!|
Every person may face it in different situations. No matter what the circumstances are, you can always choose what method for passing the test is more suitable for you. You can do it as at home as at the lab, depending on the personal preferences. Nowadays a lot of manufacturers provide easy-to-use kits for different tests which you can use even at home. Later on, you’ll have to send it to the lab to expect the confirmation. The author of the article has never experienced drug test. However, it is my personal opinion, which it is rather a thrill. Because sometimes even your pills may cause you trouble and show a positive drug result. Anyway, it is easy to prove the legal usage of the prescriptions.